Curriculum 2014 – Programmes of Study

Teacher Alex Crump –¬†@alfiecrump – from Shellingford Primary¬†has compiled the complete programmes of study for the new Primary Curriculum, due to become law for non-academy primary school in September, 2014:

Click here to download as a pdf copy (2.5mb)

Word Documents of subjects:

English, Communication and Language KS1

English, Communication and Language LKS2

English, Communication and Language UKS2

Expressive Art and Design

Historical and Geographical

Physical development, health and well – being

Scientific Understanding KS1

Scientific Understanding LKS2

Scientific Understanding UKS2

Technology

Understanding Maths KS1

Understanding Maths LKS2

Understanding Maths UKS2

15 Comments

1. Jennifer Rackstraw September 3, 2013 at 8:01 pm #

Very helpful doc, thank you. Cold you direct me to the mention of work on electricity at KS1, in the draft curriculum (or anywhere?) please? You mention it under ‘further skills’ for KS1 in your Scientific Understanding KS1 doc. Thank you
    Jen

• Alex Crump September 4, 2013 at 12:33 pm #

The main ‘further skills’ would be found in the 2010 curriculum document (I’m not sure if it’s still online – I have an e-copy if you would like me to email to you.
      Alex

• Jennifer Rackstraw September 4, 2013 at 6:08 pm #

Oh yes – I have it. Thank you. Jen

2. Rob Campbell October 4, 2013 at 11:35 am #

Dear Alex,

Thank you so much for this document – I was delighted to come across it, because I was desperately hacking away trying to produce something similar.

I was wondering whether or not you had any plans to update it now that the final version has been released? Sorry if that’s a cheeky request, but it’s such a useful tool that I’d love to be able to use it!

Best regards,

Rob Campbell

• Alex Crump October 8, 2013 at 9:56 pm #

… it’s on the ‘to do’ list!

• Rob Campbell February 4, 2014 at 12:29 pm #

Hi Alex,

Just a quick question to find out whether or not you have had any chance to update those brilliant grids for the September curriculum? I really want to use these in school, but want to ensure that any changes from July draft have been covered!

Thanks so much for sharing this really helpful resource!

Many thanks,

R. Campbell

• Alex Crump February 4, 2014 at 3:44 pm #

Hi Rob
          I have updated it to the finalised curriculum and put it on TES resources here:

Best wishes

Alex

• Rob Campbell February 4, 2014 at 5:37 pm #

Alex, these are great, thank you.

Another quick one – where did you draw the ‘skills that children need to learn to make progress’ and ‘Which skills are the children learning?’ bits from in the text of the curriculum? Obviously, the attainment targets are directly copied, but I can’t find verbatim the skills bits. Just curious – wherever they came from, they’re very helpful…

Many thanks again,

Rob Campbell

• Alex Crump February 5, 2014 at 12:29 pm #

Hi Rob

All the skills come from the proposed 2010 curriculum document

Hope this helps

Alex

• Rob Campbell February 5, 2014 at 5:04 pm #

Ah! Good stuff, many thanks Alex.

Rob Campbell

3. Luke October 13, 2013 at 3:19 pm #

Dear Alex,

Your document on history and geography look great – thank you for sharing these!

Are you aware of any publications that have or may be released by the DfE to support particular topics, similar to those that were produced by the QCA in the past?

I am currently in the process of trying to decide how topics will fit into our whole-school history planning and something to use as a foundation for lesson planning would be very helpful.

Luke

• Alex Crump October 20, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

Hi Luke

I know Tim has some very good ideas for topics elsewhere on this website (especially a progression of themes in history). I have just started “Storytelling Schools” training with the idea that my school will become a ‘storytelling school’ with stories and storytelling underpinning the themes covered in the different terms, for example next term is ‘Fantasy’ so fantasy stories will be the basis for learning with knowledge and skills coming from activities exploring the stories. There is more information on this approach here (*THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT!*)http://www.storytellingschools.com/

Best wishes

Alex

4. Tracy Bullock October 18, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

Thank you for these I know colleagues have found them very useful. Do you intend to add ICT to this list as I am struggling to find much?